Thursday, March 25, 2010

A few of my favorite blogs



[caption id="attachment_31" align="aligncenter" width="150" caption="I Blog Gluten Free"][/caption]


I love finding new recipes, trying them out and altering them (if not gluten free).  I own too many cooking magazines and cookbooks (to some peoples standards, but not mine).  I read cookbooks like some people read novels.  I love them.  Now, with technology I find myself reading tons and tons of blogs.  Getting new ideas, new recipes to try and of course continually learning more and more about this gluten free world.


Here are a few of my favorite blogs (you can also find these and a few more on the blog roll tab)


101 Cookbooks


Heidi has some amazing recipes on here, and plenty of gluten free options! Here is a little blurb from her site:

Hi there, my name is Heidi Swanson. 101 Cookbooks is my recipe journal. It's where I write about the recipes that intersect my life, travels, and everyday interests. Often the recipes are from my cookbook collection, sometimes not - they might come from a friend, or I might write about a recipe I created myself.

I focus primarily on natural, whole foods and ingredients - vegetarian recipes that are good for you and for the planet. Welcome!

Elana's Pantry


After finding out I had celiac disease this is the first blog/site that I came across and it is by far one of my favorite ones.  I am continually going here for idea, trying her recipes and sharing it with others.  I find Elana's knowledge and creativity amazing.  (I still need to buy her cookbook!!) Here is a little blurb from her site:

In my 20’s I studied ayurvedic cooking. When my son and I were diagnosed with celiac disease, this three-year study came in handy. Celiac disease is an inherited autoimmune disorder triggered by eating gluten. Out of necessity my cooking took on an entirely new dimension as we both went on a gluten-free diet.

Unwilling to cook two separate meals each night for my family, I needed to make gluten-free food that tasted like regular food. Would I be able to do this well enough to convince my husband to come home for dinner?

I threw myself into this culinary challenge and my husband, a tough critic, held nothing back. With much trial and many errors, I developed a gluten-free repertoire that tastes delicious. Friends and family now ask for my recipes, even those who are not on restricted diets!

While my cooking might not be complex, I appreciate that my food brings people together –those who eat regular food and those who can’t –to break bread in the warmth of my kitchen. I love to make food that is not only good for you, but actually tastes good. This has become a passion for me.

If you are interested in buying her cookbook you can get it on AMAZON

Four Chickens


I absolutely love this blog.  Jeanne has some tasty tasty recipes.  I've made her doughnuts and her scones...both are wicked good!  I'm very excited to try her new puff pastry recipe hopefully in the near future.  You should defiantly check out her blog and recipes.  Here is a little blurb from her site:

I have 1 daughter, 1 husband, 5 chickens, 1 organic garden in a constant state of disrepair, 100 million books, 10 million skeins of yarn, 5 million cookbooks, 2 million projects in progress rolling around the house, and 1 PhD in theatre history/theory.

I am gluten-intolerant. I also have a life-threatening allergy to wheat. My daughter has a life-threatening peanut allergy. This combo platter keeps life interesting, to say the least.


I make fabulous gluten-free baked goods and it's my goal to help others do the same.

Adventures Of A Gluten Free Mom


This is my latest obsession.  I was drooling looking at all of her recipes tonight.  I came across Heidi's blog the other day because she had posted a link on my Creative Cooking GF Facebook page.  I can't seem to get enough of her site right now. Sadly I don't have a little blurb from her page about her.

I hope you take some time and check these out and the others listed on the blog roll tab.

2 comments:

Kashif said...

Four chicken....! Realy i love it the most.......
REaly exciting, innovative and creative way to present anything........!

adventuresofaglutenfreemom said...

Hi Jenny!!

Thank you for the kind words about my quirky little blog!

I am working on that "About Me" page, I do not know why I cannot just sit down and do it, I guess I find gluten-free cooking experiments much more interesting! :-)

It's on my list though, and I will have all those loose ends tied up by the time my blog is re-designed and moved in early to mid May!

Have a GREAT weekend!
Heidi