Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cheesecake

Cheese Cake187

I had a huge craving for cheesecake the other day. I've made some mini crust-less ones in cupcake pans before but never a full cheese cake. I figured I have the pan, why not try it. I'm so happy I did. I have to say it came out pretty tasty for being my first attempt at it. Best part, its 100% gluten free!
Crust:
1 bag of the Trader Joe's Gluten Free Ginger Snaps (about 1 1/2 cups of the crumbs)
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter

Mix the melted butter, sugar and cookie crumbs together in a bowl and then press into a 9 inch spring form cheese cake pan. Make sure that the crumbs come up a little bit on the sides.

Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375° - COOL

Cheesecake:

3 packages (8 ounces each) of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tbs Lemon Zest
3 eggs, at room temperature

Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest until creamy and smooth in an electric stand mixer
Add eggs (one at a time) until blended
Pour mixture into cooled crust
Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool and then refrigerate for a minimum of three hours or over night.

Serve with fruit or your favorite topping!

Cheese Cake189

No comments: