Thursday, July 2, 2009

Risotteria Restaurant NYC

Risotteria A little piece of gluten free heaven found in NYC!!!



IMAG004

IMG00324

I did a little bit of research before going on my trip to NYC and came across this place and said to myself...I have to go there. The menu looked really good and I have to say it was better than I expected. Its a tiny little place on Bleecker Street in the Village.

Bryan and I went and there was about a 30 minute wait (but I think it was a bit less), when you get seated they come over with a cup of bread sticks. These were the best bread sticks I've ever had. Better than even the Olive Garden ones. (You can buy the mix for these bread sticks and a bunch of other gluten free goodies - there is no form online however, you can call them for a phone order). So after drooling over the menu we both ended up getting panini's his a regular one and mine a gluten free (The menu consists of Pizza, Panini's, Salad, Risotto's, and Pasta all of which come in regular or GF, you can also get many of the options Vegetarian and Dairy Free!) The serve a selection of GF beers, wine etc.

The service was great, the employees were very friendly and helpful. The food was amazing. It was cute, and little and flat out one of the best parts of my trip. Can't wait to go back again.

I still can't stop thinking about this place. I brought home a bag of the bread stick (and pizza crust) mix and plan on making them this weekend. So if you are ever in NYC and looking for a great little GF place this is it!! They are open from noon -11 7 days a week. http://www.risotteria.com/

(Thanks to Bryan for being such a great sport and trying new things with me!)

No comments: