Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes

gf2584Cheese cake is so good, but the idea of a whole cheese cake is to tempting for one person. I would be tempted to eat the WHOLE thing! A while ago I made some crust-less cheesecake cupcakes and they turned out pretty good so I thought, why not make cheesecake cupcakes again, but with pumpkin and gingersnap crust. Talk about the perfect little fall treat. These would be great for Thanksgiving instead of the typical Pumpkin Pie. Little individual cheesecakes for everyone, especially the kids.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes

2 cups of gluten free gingersnap crumbs (I use Trader Joe's)

6 tablespoons melted butter

3 tablespoons brown sugar

3 8oz packages of cream cheese - softened

1 cup sugar

1 15oz can of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)

1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1/4 teaspoon of salt

2 teaspoons vanilla

4 eggs at room temperature

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake tins with paper liners. I only have one regular cupcake tin and an mini cupcake tin, so I used both.

Crust:

Crumble the ginger snaps either in a plastic ziplock back with a rolling pin or in a food processor. Melt the butter in the microwave. Add the brown sugar and butter to the crumbled ginger snaps in a medium bowl and mix until all crumbs are moist.

Scoop about one table spoon into the bottom of each cupcake liner and press down (I used the bottom of one of my spice jars...it fits perfectly for the regular tins, for the mini tin I used the back of my coffee scoop).

Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, let cool in pan on wire rack.

gf2573

gf2574

Filling:

In a stand mixer, cream the sugar and cream cheese together until smooth, add the pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin spice and salt. Mix well. Add one egg at a time. Continue to mix until the mixture is completely combined and smooth.

gf2578

Scoop the mixture into the prepared cupcake liners. I used the same coffee scoop that I used to press the crust into the bottom to do this. It was the perfect size - three scoops for the regular tin and 1 1/2 - 2 for the mini ones.

gf2581

For the regular tins bake for 40 minutes, rotating 180 degrees half way through. For the mini tins bake for 30 minutes, rotating 180 degrees half way through.Cool in the pan on a wire rack until completely cooled, cover and refrigerate for at least six hours.

gf2582

Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce or candied pecans if you wish. I hope you enjoy these tasty little treats!

gf2590

4 comments:

Brown said...

I really like your blog and i respect your work. I'll be a frequent visitor.

Ruthie said...

I have been searching for a recipe such as this for my Thanksgiving dinner. . . . .. Thanks. . . . .. this sounds great
also looks like something I can do ahead. . . . .

adventuresofaglutenfreemom said...

Those look so good! I make some too, but have only used the Mi-Del GF Gingersnaps and Pamela's GF Simplebites... will have to check out Trader Joe's!

I was actually dining at Bravo Italian Cucina the other day and they had Trader Joe's GF Pasta in stock... VERY GOOD (and I am a Tinkyada die hard). I will have to go to TJ's more often, thanks for sharing!!

Jenny Manseau said...

I really love the TJ's gingersnaps....soooo good! If your store doesn't carry them, let me know and I'll send you some! And their pasta is pretty darn tasty. I'm a huge fan of the Quinoa pasta that Whole Foods sells, but the TJ's brown rice pasta is a close second. I think once I move I'm going to attempt making homemade pasta.