Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Seeds

gf2657

gf2650I've carved two of my three pumpkins for the season. When carving the second one I thought I should save the seeds and roast them...something I've never done before. I had no clue what I was doing but I guessed and they came out pretty darn good I must say. A tasty little snack!

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

When cleaning out the pulp and seeds from your pumpkin before carving it separate the seeds from the pulp.  I think the best way to do this is to run them under cold water and discard the pulp.  On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lightly oil the seeds and sprinkle with kosher salt.  Roast in a pre-heated oven set at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  About half way through mix the seeds around so they don't over cook on one side.  Cool and enjoy.  Store in an airtight container.

Below are some pictures of the pumpkins so far...only one more to carve and not sure what it will be just yet...

fp2632wm

jcp2642

fp2645

No comments: